Numismatics International Code of Ethics:
Membership in Numismatics International is a privilege extended to those persons and organizations deemed worthy thereof and is not a matter of right. Such membership can be maintained only until the Board of Governors determines that the conduct of a member has been such that, in the best interests of Numismatics International, his membership should be terminated.
For the guidance of its members, this Code of Ethics has been duly adopted by the Board of Governors under the authority vested in it by the By-Laws of Numismatics International. A breach thereof by any member reflects, directly or indirectly, upon all other members. Such a breach shall be considered conduct prejudicial to the welfare of Numismatics International and cause for action by the Board of Governors.
As a member of Numismatics International:
- I agree to support and be governed by the By-Laws of Numismatics International and such rules, policies and regulations as may be in force from time to time;
- I agree to conduct myself so as to bring no reproach or discredit to Numismatics International or impair the prestige of membership therein;
- I agree to base all of my dealings on the highest plane of justice, fairness and morality;
- I agree to neither buy nor sell nor trade numismatic items of which the ownership is questionable;
- I agree to take immediate steps to correct any error I may make in any transaction;
- I agree to represent a numismatic item to be genuine only when, to the best of my knowledge and belief, it is authentic;
- I agree to fulfill all contracts made by me, either orally or written, to make prompt payments upon delivery, and to return immediately any item that is not satisfactory;
- I agree to give aid to members in their quest for numismatic knowledge.