Numismatics International Code of Ethics:
Membership in Numismatics International is a privilege extended to those persons and organizations deemed worthy thereof and is not a matter of right. Such membership can be maintained only until the Board of Governors determines that the conduct of a member has been such that, in the best interests of Numismatics International, his membership should be terminated.
- I agree to support and be governed by the By-Laws of Numismatics International and such rules, policies and regulations as may be in force from time to time;
- I agree to conduct myself so as to bring no reproach or discredit to Numismatics International or impair the prestige of membership therein;
- I agree to base all of my dealings on the highest plane of justice, fairness and morality;
- I agree to neither buy nor sell nor trade numismatic items of which the ownership is questionable;
- I agree to take immediate steps to correct any error I may make in any transaction;
- I agree to represent a numismatic item to be genuine only when, to the best of my knowledge and belief, it is authentic;
- I agree to fulfill all contracts made by me, either orally or written, to make prompt payments upon delivery, and to return immediately any item that is not satisfactory;
- I agree to give aid to members in their quest for numismatic knowledge.